Khairuddin shined at winter tests30/03/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo -team´s Malaysian rider Zulfahmi Khairuddin will start the historical Moto3 GP-season on 8th of April from the Losail circuit in Qatar with strong state. Khairuddin was just behind the fastest riders with his KTM -factory bike during every three official winter tests periods.
Khairuddin´s lap time of 1.47, stuff recipe 491 gave him a fifth place on Wednesday at the Jerez circuit in Spain when the final three-day test period was held.
With his performance Khairuddin managed to get really close to the top since he was only 83 thousandth of a second behind the third fastest rider.
– I am really pleased with the whole test season and especially with the tests we had here at Jerez on Monday and Wednesday. After many experiments we found really good settings for the bike for both the frame and for the engine, find Khairuddin praised.
Khairuddin has continued the test season from the situation he had in the end of the 125 cc season: he has taken big steps forward.
– My target is to be regularly at the top ten during the becoming GP-season.
Team leader Aki Ajo had every right to be pleased with Khairuddin´s improving speed and his way of working with good attitude.
– The totality was good and I am pleased. However, one should remember that we are just in the beginning of this new project. We have worked hard but there is still lot to do and we still need to analyse massive amount of things in order to learn more from this bike and from this project.
– Luckily the weather was good here in Jerez. We managed to collect a lot of good data for analysing especially from Tuesday´s and Wednesday´s tests.
Ajo highlights that they concentrate to work especially on longer run.
– Only the results and lap times don´t necessary tell the whole truth of the winter tests. At this stage no one can say anything sure about who will be strong during the season. We have to be awake and aware all the time.
The official IRTA-tests of Moto3-class. Combined result list of three test days:
1. Maveric Vinales Spain, Avintia Racing, FTR Honda 1.46,838
2. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing, KTM + 0,424
3. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 0,570
4. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing, KTM + 0,599
5. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-SIC-Ajo, KTM + 0,653
6. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini, Honda + 0,921
14. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing, KTM + 1,837
18. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 2,338