Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing-team heads the GP-season from good situation30/03/2012
Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing -team will start the historical GP-season of Moto3-class from good situation on 8th of April from the Losail track in Qatar.
All the three riders of the team lead by Aki Ajo made a great job with their KTM-factory bikes during three winter test periods held in Spain.
”Time of hard work”
– The totality was good and I am pleased. However, price one should remember that we are just in the beginning of this new project. We have worked hard but there is still lot to do and we still need to analyse massive amount of things in order to learn more from this bike and from this project.
– Luckily the weather was good here in Jerez. We managed to collect a lot of good data for analysing especially from Tuesday´s and Wednesday´s tests.
Ajo highlights that they concentrate to work especially on longer run.
– Only the results and lap times don´t necessary tell the whole truth of the winter tests. At this stage no one can say anything sure about who will be strong during the season. We have to be awake and aware all the time.
Kent fastest of the trio
During the last testing period held at the circuit of Jerez the fastest rider of the Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing team was Briton Danny Kent. A month ago Kent controlled the tests at Jerez and now with the time of 1.47, cialis 262, which he made on Wednesday, allowed him to the second position of the overall list that combined the times of all the three days. He made the time in the afternoon after a hard crash.
– I had a good test once again and I am extremely happy. During the first days I didn´t get an exact same feeling that I had in previous tests at Jerez. But we made some successful changes to the bike for Wednesday and I took a big step forward again. The situation seems good. I have a good self-confidence for the season opener but I also keep my feet on the ground, Kent confirmed.
Kent crashed when he tried the limits of the bike with worn tyres.
– That didn´t hurt my self-confidence. I went back to the track and almost immediately made my fastest time of the whole test.
Kent´s team mate German Sandro Cortese who was fastest at the first test period held in Valencia in the beginning of February made now a time of 1.47,437 and was fourth. Australian Arthur Sissis´s fastest time was 1.48,675, which gave him 14th place.
– Fairly good feeling even if I had few crashes while I was searching the limits. There didn´t occur any bigger problems with the bike at any stage. The new bike has a lot of potential but of course there is still things to develop especially with the electronics and the engine, said Cortese.
The official IRTA-tests of Moto3-class. Combined result list of three test days:
1. Maveric Vinales Spain, Avintia Racing, FTR Honda 1.46,838
2. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing, KTM + 0,424
3. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 0,570
4. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing, KTM + 0,599
5. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-SIC-Ajo, KTM + 0,653
6. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini, Honda + 0,921
14. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing, KTM + 1,837
18. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 2,338