Khairuddin had a difficult qualifying at the hard circumstances of Jerez28/04/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Malaysian KTM-rider Zulfahmi Khairuddin had to settle for unusual place for him when he qualified 28th at the season´s second Moto3 qualifying in Jerez Spain.
Khairuddin who finished sixth at the season opener GP in Qatar three weeks ago made his fastest lap now for the time of 2.01, store 752 at 4, stomach 4 kilometres long Jerez circuit.
The conditions during the 40-minute qualifying session were extremely difficult due to a rain. In the beginning the track was still wet but it dried all the way towards the end.
– The circumstances were indeed unusual and risky. The last few minutes of the qualifying mattered a lot, team leader Aki Ajo referred to the tyres with an experience of many years.
Khairuddin rode until the end of the session with wet tyres. At the same time the others made top times with slick tyres. But Khairuddin didn´t want to take a risk.
– I just didn´t dare to change to slick tyres when the weather was like that.
Fahmi rode his last laps with mixed tyres having slicks at back and wet tyres in front.
– I had time to have one lap with those tyres and unluckily I made one mistake during that lap. I just couldn´t get enough out of myself at these difficult circumstances, Khairuddin admits.
The pole position was taken in front of his home crowd Spanish Alex Rins who is getting ready for only his second GP. Rins´s teammate Portuguese Miguel Oliveira, who was 0,456 seconds behind Rins will complement the Estrella Galicia´s success by joining to the first row.
GRAN PREMIO bwin DE ESPAÑA
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification 2012
1. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda 1.57,507
2. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,012
3. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,456
4. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 0,794
5. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 0,931
6. Jack Miller Australia, Caretta Technology, Honda + 1,286
7. Isaac Vinales Spain, Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 1,404
8. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,516
9. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda + 1,594
10. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 1,648
11. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK T-Shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 1,691
12. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 1,943
13. Alex Marquez Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 1,993
14. Adrian Martin Spain, JHK T-Shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 2,222
15. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 2,352
27. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 4,195
28. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 4,245