Khairuddin starts the GP-season in great shape03/04/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo -team´s Malaysian rider Muhammad Zulfahmi Khairuddin will start the historical Moto3-season on Sunday in Qatar with a good self-confidence and in great shape. The lap times from winter tests already showed that the KTM`s 250cc four-stroke factory bike suits well for Khairuddin.
– Fahmi did it once again. Only few could believe that he was in top five within over 30 riders at tests, medicine there team leader Aki Ajo said.
21-year-old Khairuddin is particularly satisfied with the final tests, price which were held at Jerez circuit in Spain two weeks ago.
– We found good settings for the engine and for the frame. In the end I got good lap times in a way pretty easily. However, doctor we should bear in mind that this new project is still young. Nevertheless, the team has done extremely great job already now. I really look forward for the first race in Qatar, says Khairuddin.
Khairuddin who works with a humble attitude and learns from the advices is one of the riders who doesn´t make too much noise about himself. He lets the actions to speak for themselves. The style has worked fine also when preparing for the new season.
Ajo knows Khairuddin´s style to work. The pattern runs smoothly also for the other direction and the co-operation works perfectly.
– Fahmi is more race rider than qualifying rider. He has talents and ability to raise his level during the GP-weekend.
GP of Qatar divided
into four days
The Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar that is held under the floodlights at the 5,4 kilometres long Losail International Circuit differs from the other MotoGP-events also in that sense that it is divided into four days instead of three.
The riders of Moto3-class will have on Thursday two 40 minutes free practice sessions. On Friday they will have one practice session before Saturday´s qualifying and warm-up-session.
The exciting competition of the first ever Moto3-class world championship points will start on Sunday at 7pm local time (GMT +3).
– We will wait calmly and do our homework properly, explained Ajo, who travelled to Qatar on Monday, about the feelings prior to the season start.
* AirAsia-SIC-Ajo -team in Moto3-class of MotoGP World Championship -series in 2012 season:
Zulfahmi Khairuddin # 63
Place of birth: Selangor, Malaysia
Date of birth: 20th of October 1991
Weight: 56 kg
Height: 168 cm
First GP: 2009 – Malaysia
* Muhammad Zulfahmi Khairuddin made his MotoGP-debut in 2009 season in front of his home crowd at Sepang circuit. Last year he made his best performance so far when he was seventh in 125 cc -class at the same track. 2012 will be third fulltime GP-season for Khairuddin.