Khairuddin took the best GP position of his career08/04/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Malaysian rider Zulfahmi Khairuddin started strongly the new Moto3 GP season at the Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar.
Khairuddin who even fought for the third position at the end of the 18 laps race crossed eventually the finish line being sixth with his KTM factory bike. The position is Khairuddin´s best so far.
All in all Khairuddin had a really promising season opener weekend. At free practice session he was fifth and at qualifying seventh. Also the qualifying position was the best one of his GP career so far.
– My team did once again a great job. The bike worked fine and this GP proved that during this season I have all the possibilities to fight for the first podium position of my career, see link Khairuddin confirmed.
Also team leader Aki Ajo was grateful for Khairuddin.
– I am proud and happy for Fahmi. He had a great race today but even more I appreciate the entirety of the whole weekend. Fahmi started strongly and as usual was able to improve his work all the time, Ajo confirmed.
Spanish Maverick Vinales won the first-ever Moto3 race. Khairuddin crossed the finish line 19,052 seconds behind the Spaniard.
The next GP is held after three weeks at Jerez circuit in Spain.
COMMERCIALBANK GRAND PRIX OF QATAR
Moto2 Race Classification:
1. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda 38.40,995
2. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 4,301
3. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 18,013
4. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 18,200
5. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 18,745
6. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-SIC-Ajo, KTM + 19,052
7. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 19,466
8. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 21,098
9. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 21,153
10. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 28,733
11. Alan Techer France, Technomag-CIP-TSR, TSR Honda + 29,775
12. Hector Faubel Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 29,813
13. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 35,940
14. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 35,983
15. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 38,641
Moto3 World Standing 2012
1. Vinales 25
2. Fenati 20
3. Cortese 16
4. Salom 13
5. Oliveira 11
6. Khairuddin 10
7. Sissis 9
8. Kent 8
9. Rossi 7
10. Rins 6
11. Techer 5
12. Faubel 4
13. Ajo 3
14. Moncayo 2
15. Kornfeil 1
29of April, Jerez, Spain.