Red Bull KTM Ajo Team´s trio heads to Jerez with confident minds25/04/2012
This weekend MotoGP-series returns from Qatar´s night race back to Europe and to the normal schedule when the season´s second GP is held on the traditional circuit of Jerez in Spain.
– It´s nice to come back to Europe again. Qatar with its floodlights is always a special race so in that sense it´s easier to go to Jerez, cialis 40mg prescription which is so cosy for us after the winter tests, troche team leader Aki Ajo says.
The Red Bull KTM Ajo Motorsport Team´s fast trio opened the historical Moto3-season powerfully at the Losail circuit in Qatar. German rider Sandro Cortese took a pole position and crossed the finish line third. Australian Arthur Sissis and Briton Danny Kent finished seventh and eight.
– It´s a new class and new bikes. I am absolutely satisfied with the results we got in Qatar. All the three riders were in the top eight, so it was a strong start for the season. We have such a good project with our partners so we definitely want to succeed even better in the future, Ajo admits.
The potential is there even though they didn´t manage to take a victory just yet in Qatar.
– That only gives us more motivation to work harder. We develop the bike all the time but there is still lot to do. But then again it most likely is the same situation with all the other teams as well, Ajo reminds.
Cortese heads to
podium with patience
Cortese who managed to take the first place last year agrees with Aki.
– In this new class the situation and the success of different teams change all the time, even during one GP-weekend. For me the most important thing is to get more feeling with the bike day by day and in that way to find best possible settings for all the circumstances. My aim of course is to get to the podium and if possible fight for the victory in Jerez, Cortese says.
During the two official test periods the Ajo Motorsport -riders were riding in the top group or just behind it on the 4,4 kilometres long Jerez circuit. Kent was the fastest rider of the Finnish team.
– My result in Qatar wasn´t the best possible one but the season is long and the most important thing is to have good and steady performances. I am going to Jerez with a positive mind because I know that our bike is strong there, says Kent.
Team leader Ajo reminds that the tests don´t tell the whole story. l
– Of course the tests are important but they don´t guarantee anything. Weather and temperature changes and we have to change the settings accordingly. But then again Cortese and Kent have always performed well in Jerez.
Red Bull Rookies Cup
made Sissis a fighter
Last year in Spain at the 125cc GP Kent was fourth and is now aiming to the podium. Also Sissis, who started well his first fulltime GP-season, is a name of the future. Kent and Sissis have made their ways to the top thanks to the Red Bull Rookies Cup.
– Seventh position in Qatar was unbelievable start from Sissis. Great fight during the race showed the strength Sissis, like Kent, has gained from Red Bull Rookies Cup. The advantage of the Cup is clear. There riders don´t give up easily and they learn how to fight. It´s a great and a positive thing, Ajo highlights.
The first two Moto3 free practice sessions are held in Jerez on Friday. On Saturday there will be a third practice and qualifying practice. Season´s second GP will start at 12pm on Sunday. Jerez will host its 26th GP in a row and it has also confirmed it´s place for the 2013 MotoGP-calendar.
* Moto3 schedule at Gran Premio bwin de España:
Friday 27th of April
10.15-10.55am 1st free practice
2.15-2.55pm 2nd free practice
Saturday 28th of April
10.15-10.55am 3rd free practice
2.00-2.40pm qualifying practice
Sunday 29th of April
09.40-10.00am warm up
* Circuit info
Length: 4.423 m./2,748 miles
Left corners: 5
Right corners: 8
Longest straight: 607 m./0,377 miles