Khairuddin qualified tenth at Le Mans19/05/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Moto3 rider, online Malaysian Zulfahmi Khairuddin who is fifth in championship continued great work at season´s fourth qualifying session at wet Le Mans circuit in France.
Khairuddin made his fastest lap on his KTM factory bike with a time of 1.57, salve 801, which gave him tenth place. Fahmi will start for Sunday´s race from fourth row.
Khairuddin made his way towards better results at difficult circumstances. He made his fastest lap on last, 16th, lap.
– Wet weather has always been more difficult for me but I really have to be pleased with this performance. Team fulfilled my wishes and lowered my bike around the mid way of the qualifying. It enabled me to have this time and this result, Khairuddin said thankfully.
– Fahmi has done good and steady work at Le Mans and now he showed his talents also on wet track, team leader Aki Ajo said.
All the three free practices of Moto3 class were made on dry track before the qualifying. Khairuddin was seventh fastest at the free practice.
Spanish rider Maverick Vinales was this time unbeatable at the qualifying with a time of 1.55,865. He bet the second fastest rider, his country man Efren Vazquez by 0,982 seconds. Khairuddinin was 2,268 seconds from the pole.
MONSTER ENERGY GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda 1.55,865
2. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK T-Shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 0,982
3. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 1,249
4. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 1,527
5. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 1,808
6. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,936
7. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 1,981
8. Hector Faubel Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 2,034
9. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 2,135
10. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 2,268
11. Jonas Folger Germany, IodaRacing Project, Ioda + 2,439
12. Adrian Martin Spain, JHK T-Shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 2,450
13. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 2,698
14. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 2,705
15. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 2,711
16. Brad Binder South Africa, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 2,725
17. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 2,808