Cortese and Kent top two qualifiers at Assen29/06/2012
Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing Team´s riders made a touchdown at the season´s seventh Moto3 qualifying at the legendary circuit of Assen in Netherlands. Sandro Cortese, drugs who is second at championship standing, try took the pole position and his teammate Briton Danny Kent will start for Saturday´s GP from second place. The pole position was already Cortese´s third of the season. For Kent the second place was the best of his GP-career.
Cortese´s and Kent´s Australian teammate Arthur Sissis complemented the success by qualifying 13th.
“This was a good day but there is still the race left”, cialis reminded team leader Aki Ajo, “Unfortunately we don´t get points from the qualifying.”
“This day at the latest showed that the Moto3 class is by far the most equal class of the whole series. There will be big groups at the track along the race”, Ajo continued.
Cortese took the pole position with a top time of 1.43,645, which was 0,249 seconds faster than Kent´s best time. Sissis was 0,888 seconds from the pole.
Based on the lap times from practices Cortese didn´t seem to be at his best but that wasn´t the case after all. The team just tested new things for his bike.
“At the qualifying we returned back towards the basic settings and the bike felt immediately good and familiar. This was a successful qualifying session and I am pleased with my performance. I have a good feeling and fighter´s spirit for the race”, confirmed Cortese.
Kent improving fast
Kent returned to his own level two weeks ago at his home race in Silverstone. The expected improvement has continued also at Assen.
“I have had a really good and fast feeling”, says Kent, “I made best lap times by myself without benefiting of slipstream so that promises a lot for the race.”
Kent might be able to go even faster at the race.
“The only thing that bugs me a bit was that fourth sector and last chicane haven´t gone yet exactly according to the plans”, Kent wondered.
despite an infection
Sissis won´t be at the best possible physical stage in Netherlands. The stomach ache which started last weekend still bothers him.
“It is an intestines infection and Sissis has medication for that”, Ajo explained, “So compared to that Arthur has ridden really well and I have a strong faith that he will fight hard again also at this race.”
IVECO TT ASSEN
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM 1.43,645
2. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,249
3. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 0,343
4. Hector Faubel Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 0,429
5. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 0,452
6. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda + 0,533
7. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 0,628
8. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,666
9. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 0,684
10. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 0,731
11. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 0,763
12. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 0,806
13. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,888
14. Alan Techer France, Technomag-CIP-TSR, TSR Honda + 0,889
15. Alessandro Tonucci Italiy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 0,896
18. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 1,105