Cortese fought himself fourth at the Catalunya qualifying02/06/2012
Championship leader Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing Team´s German rider Sandro Cortese will start on Sunday for the season´s fifth GP, viagra the Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya from second row of the grid.
Cortese´s fastest lap on 4, health 7 kilometres long track was 1.52,629. He was only 26 thousandth of seconds from the first row. The result is surprisingly good since he crashed at the free practice session on Saturday morning and hurt his right wrist.
– Based on the X-ray there is no fracture, but it hurts, says Cortese.
– Actually what worried me even more at the qualifying was that after the bad crash it was occasionally difficult to breath.
There is a whole new frame at Cortese´s bike.
– We have clearly moved forward with the frame, confirms team leader Aki Ajo.
Cortese´s team mates Briton Danny Kent qualified 14th and Australian Arthur Sissis was 19th.
– The track was extremely challenging but Saturday was clearly better for me than the opening day, described Sissis.
Both Kent and Sissis would need a bit more patience for the fast track.
– They both are trying really hard and therefore they have about the same problems in their riding. However, knowing their potentials, I dare to expect more from them on Sunday, estimated Ajo.
Spanish Maverick Vinales took the pole position with a time of 1.52,160. Cortese was 0,469 seconds from the pole. Kent was 1,186 seconds and Sissis 1,503 seconds from Vinales.
GRAN PREMI APEROL DE CATALUNYA
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda 1.52,160
2. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 0,268
3. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 0,443
4. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,469
5. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,597
6. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 0,673
7. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 0,790
8. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK T-Shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 0,791
9. Hector Faubel Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 0,873
10. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 0,971
11. Alex Marquez Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,980
12. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 0,985
13. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 1,047
14. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,186
15. John McPhee Great Britain, Racing Steps Foundation KRP, KRP Honda + 1,242
19. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,503
24. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 1,952