Khairuddin made his way up to the points at Assen30/06/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Malaysian rider Zulfahmi Khairuddin did what was expected from him at the season´s seventh GP of Moto3 class at the circuit of Assen in Netherlands.
Khairuddin, pill who started from the 18th place of the grid with his KTM, made the fastest lap time of the GP, 1.44,004, and was at his best seventh until two unfortunate mistakes ruined his changes for better results.
“It wasn´t really an easy weekend. I just couldn´t get a good feeling for this track and bike had some small vibration problems.”
“However, I managed to get a good speed and touch so I continue the hectic summer season with positive mind”, Khairuddin confirms.
Khairuddin managed to get a lot of important World Championship points by crossing the finish line 11th. Khairuddin, who was 8,378 seconds from the winner, Spanish Maveric Vinales, is now eight in championship standing.
The GP was really tight and Khairuddin was only a bit more than half a second from seventh place.
MotoGP´s summer season continues already next week at the circuit of Sachsenring in Germany.
IVECO TT ASSEN
Moto3 Race Classification:
1. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda 38.45,432
2. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,831
3. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,842
4. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 0,843
5. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 1,352
6. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 5,033
7. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, + 7,817
8. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 7,855
9. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK Laglisse, FTR Honda + 8,037
10. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 8,243
11. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 8,378
12. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 8,559
13. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 12,133
14. Toni Finsterbusch Germany, Cresto Guide MZ Racing, Honda + 12,358
15. Hector Faubel Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 12,533
16. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 12,654
World Championship Standing:
1. Vinales 130
2. Cortese 123
3. Salom 88
4. Fenati 65
5. Rossi 56
6. Rins 54
7. Masbou 51
8. Khairuddin 49
9. Kent 42
10. Oliveira 39
11. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, FTR Honda 38
12. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Kalex KTM 36
13. Sissis 31
14. Vazquez 29
15. Hector Faubel Spain, Kalex KTM 29
19. Ajo 14
Next GP: 8th of July Sachsenring, Germany.