Khairuddin ninth after steady performance17/06/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Malaysian rider Zulfahmi Khairuddin continued his steadily strong performances at the sunny circuit of Silverstone when the season´s sixth GP was held in Great Britain.
Khairuddin crossed the finish line of 5, nurse ed 9 kilometres long track with his KTM factory bike being ninth. He was 9, and 208 seconds from the winner, Spanish Maverick Vinales.
– I am happy that I was again so close to the top, said Khairuddin who is seventh in championship standing.
Khairuddin is only one point from fifth place.
– I managed to have a good performance at Silverstone despite the fact that this time I perhaps didn´t have that good confidence towards my bike than I have had at previous races, wondered Khairuddin.
The championship series continues after less than two weeks in Assen, Netherlands. The riders will have a tough work before the summer holiday starts, because after Assen there is only one week to GP of Germany and then one week to GP of Italy.
Hertz British Grand Prix
Moto3 Race Classification:
1. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda 38.55,210
2. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 0,933
3. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,023
4. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 8,100
5. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK Laglisse, FTR Honda + 8,414
6. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 8,637
7. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 8,940
8. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 9,046
9. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 9,208
10. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 15,613
11. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 20,397
12. Hector Faubel Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 20,559
13. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 21,369
14. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 27,526
15. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 27,708
1. Vinales 105
2. Cortese 103
3. Salom 75
4. Fenati 61
5. Louis Rossi France, FTR Honda 45
6. Alex Rins Spain, Suter Honda 44
7. Khairuddin 44
8. Masbou 42
9. Antonelli 38
10. Moncayo 36
11. Oliveira 33
12. Sissis 31
13. Faubel 28
14. Kent 26
15. Vazquez 22
23. Ajo 6
Next GP: 30th of June Assen, Netherlands.