Khairuddin took 2nd place of the grid at Catalunya02/06/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Malaysian rider Zulfahmi Khairuddin, cialis 20, pills took a place from the first row of the grid for the season´s fifth GP, the Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya. Khairuddin who is having a true break through season with his red-white KTM factory bike made a second fastest time of the qualifying session: 1.52,428.
– This was a truly fantastic placement. The whole weekend has gone great and my team has done once again a great job. After the morning practice I knew to expect a lot from the qualifying session, Khairuddin rejoiced.
Front row starting place and a second place of the grid is so far Khairuddin´s best of his career and he is now having his 38th GP. He also made once again Malaysian Road Racing history. Before today´s qualifying Khairuddin´s, who is now ninth in championship standing, best qualifying result was fifth place, which he took a month ago from the GP of Estoril, Portugal.
Khairuddin´s best GP-result is fourth, also from Portugal.
– My aim of course is to improve that result and reach the podium. However, we will have an extremely exciting race because there are so many really fast riders in Moto3 class. I try to keep my mind calm and enjoy the race on Sunday, Khairuddin plans.
Khairuddin got well-deserved praises from team leader Aki Ajo.
-I am especially happy with the fact that Khairuddin has ridden so steadily and determined during the whole weekend. He has a high trust on his bike.
There is basically a whole new frame in Khairuddin´s bike.
– It´s clearly more rigid than the previous one. We have moved forward with the frame a lot, Ajo confirms.
The pole position was taken by Spanish rider Maverick Vinales with a time of 1.52,160, from which Khairuddin was 0,268 seconds apart.
GRAN PREMI APEROL DE CATALUNYA
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda 1.52,160
2. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 0,268
3. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 0,443
4. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,469
5. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,597
6. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 0,673
7. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 0,790
8. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK T-Shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 0,791
9. Hector Faubel Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 0,873
10. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 0,971
11. Alex Marquez Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,980
12. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 0,985
13. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 1,047
14. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,186
15. John McPhee Great Britain, Racing Steps Foundation KRP, KRP Honda + 1,242
19. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,503
24. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 1,952