Khairuddin couldn´t find his best in torrential rain07/07/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Malaysian KTM rider Zulfahmi Khairuddin starts for Sunday´s race from seventh row when the season´s eight GP takes place in Germany.
Khairuddin´s best time in the rainy qualifying of Sachsenringin was 1.45, pilule 150, pill which allowed him 20th place. Khairuddin was 25th at the free practice, which was held on dry track.
“I am still searching the best feeling for riding. As such a light rider I am not at my best in wet circumstances. And now there really was a lot of water, said Khairuddin.
“Fahmi hasn´t really found the right feeling for riding. However, I trust again that in the race he will do better”, said team leader Aki Ajo.
German Sandro Cortese celebrated in front of his home crowd already his fourth pole position of the season. Cortese made a top time of 1.42,989. Kahiruddin was 2,950 seconds from Cortese.
Cortese´s time was so outstanding that he bet his teammate Briton Danny Kent, who qualified second, by 1,485 seconds. The same duo also took the two best positions of the Assen grid a week ago at the qualifying of Dutch TT.
Spanish Maverick Vinales, who leads the championship standing by seven points over Cortese, qualified 24th 3,613 seconds from the pole.
Khairuddin, who made the fastest lap time at the Dutch TT, is eight at championship standing with 42 points. Fahmi has now more points what he has from two previous seasons altogether.
eni MOTORRAD GRAND PRIX DEUTSCHLAND
MotoGP Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM 1.42,989
2. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,485
3. Adrian Martin Spain, JHK Laglisse, FTR Honda + 1,500
4. Jack Miller Australia, Caretta Technology, Honda + 1,543
5. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 1,596
6. Brad Binder South Africa, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 1,746
7. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 1,826
8. Jonas Folger Germany, IodaRacing Project, Ioda + 1,904
9. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 1,935
10. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 1,996
11. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 2,161
12. Hector Faubel Spain, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 2,383
13. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 2,384
14. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK Laglisse, FTR Honda + 2,433
15. Toni Finstenbusch Germany, Cresto Guide MZ Racing, Honda + 2,508
20. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 2,950
21. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 3,013