Khairuddin made his way up to sixth in German GP08/07/2012
Zulfahmi Khairuddin made his way from 20th place up to sixth in the season´s eight GP, capsule which was held on a wet track of Sachsenring. Rain started in the afternoon and there was so much water on the track that the race was postponed by 25 minutes. AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Malaysian rider managed to keep his head cool and fully concentrate for the race. That paid off when he gained a punch of points from the eventful and tricky GP.
Khairuddin, healing who is sixth in championship standing, had every right to be pleased. He returned to his own level after two difficult GPs.
“I am very pleased and happy. Everything is going back to right direction. This was a good thing for my self-confidence.”
Team leader Aki Ajo knew to expect a good performance from Khairuddin. However, such a big improvement was a slight surprise even to himself.
“Also Fahmi had some difficulties during the first two days at Sachsenring but he did it once again. I really don´t know that many such a strong race riders”, Ajo praised.
Sandro Cortese won the German GP in front of his home crowd. Khairuddin, who competed with similar KTM factory bike was 25,174 seconds from Cortese.
The next GP is held already next weekend at Mugello circuit in Italy.
eni MOTORRAD GRAND PRIX DEUTSCHLAND
Moto3 Race Classification:
1. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM 45.36,868
2. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 0,635
3. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 3,998
4. Jack Miller Australia, Caretta Technology, Honda + 4,051
5. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK Laglisse, FTR Honda + 12,119
6. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 25,174
7. Hector Faubel Spain, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 25,499
8. Luca Gruenwald Germany, Freudenberg Racing Team, Honda + 26,087
9. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 29,675
10. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 29,891
11. Toni Finsterbusch Germany, Cresto Guide MZ Racing, Honda + 33,178
12. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 42,858
13. Alan Techer France, Technomag-CIP-TSR, TSR Honda + 1.02,653
14. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 1.10,253
15. Simone Grotzkyj Italiy, Ambrogio Next Racing, Suter Honda + 1.10,447
World Championship standing:
1. Cortese 148
2. Maverick Vinales Spain, FTR Honda 130
3. Salom 104
4. Masbou 71
5. Romano Fenati Italy, FTR Honda 65
6. Khairuddin 59
7. Louis Rossi France, FTR Honda 56
8. Alex Rins Spain, Suter Honda 54
9. Danny Kent Great Britain, KTM 42
10. Antonelli 42
11. Vazquez 40
12. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Suter Honda 39
13. Sissis 38
14. Hector Faubel Spain, Kalex KTM 38
15. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Kalex KTM 36
18. Ajo 16
Next GP: 15th of July Mugello, Italy.