Khairuddin seventh in Mugello qualifying14/07/2012
Malaysian Moto3 rider Zulfahmi Khairuddin starts from third row on Sunday for the Italian GP at Mugello circuit. Khairuddin, who has done strong work with the AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s KTM bike, made his fastest lap with time of 1.59,391. He improved his pace once again significantly from the practice, when he was 23rd with a time of 2.00,649.
“I couldn´t find the best possible feeling for my bike in the free practice. In the qualifying the situation was much better with that as well. I dare to expect a good race from myself on Sunday”, Khairuddin wondered.
Team leader Aki Ajo expects the same.
“It seems that I am repeating myself but this is the fact that goes with Fahmi even better now during this season: he is especially a race rider with a capital r.
Spanish Maverick Vinales claimed the pole position of season´s ninth GP with a time of 1.57,980. Championship leader German Sandro Cortese qualified second 0,421 seconds from the pole.
Khairuddin was 1,411 seconds from Vinales.
GRAN PREMIO D’ITALIA TIM
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda 1.57,980
2. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,421
3. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,841
4. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK Laglisse, FTR Honda + 0,860
5. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,109
6. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 1,381
7. Zulfahmi Kkairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 1,411
8. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda 1,485
9. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 1,493
10. Hector Faubel Spain, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 1,593
11. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 1,700
12. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 1,718
13. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 1,797
14. Alan Techer France, Technomag-CIP-TSR, TSR Honda + 1,898
15. Kevin Calia Italy, Elle 2 Ciatti, Honda + 1,975
28. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 3,330
29. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 3,337