Khairuddin fought himself sixth at Indianapolis19/08/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo –team´s Malaysian KTM-rider Zulfahmi Khairuddin did a good job at Indianapolis circuit at season´s tenth Moto3 GP in USA.
Khairuddin had a great start from the second row of the grid and crossed the finish line sixth. During the season he has been already three times sixth. Khairuddin, story who at his best has finished fourth this season is also sixth in championship standing.
Khairuddin was for a long just behind the leading group at the 4,2 kilometres long Indianapolis circuit but then needed to give up a bit.
“As the race went on the traction became poorer and my bike´s behaviour changed so much so my self confidence also got worse”, Khairuddin explained, “I just couldn´t push enough anymore.”
Like many other riders, also Khairuddin had problems with the front end of the bike on the circuit which had pretty bad traction.
“Occasionally I had a feeling that there is no traction at all. This really is an unusual circuit”, Khairuddin wondered.
Spanish rider Luis Salom took the first victory of his career at Indianapolis when he crossed the finish line 56 thousandth of seconds ahead of German Sandro Cortese who now leads the championship by 29 points. Khairuddin finished only 7,663 seconds from Salom.
The next GP of the season is already next weekend at Brno circuit in Czech.
RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GRAND PRIX
Moto3 Race Classification:
1. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM 42.14,300
2. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,056
3. Jonas Folger Germany, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 2,940
4. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 3,067
5. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 3,664
6. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 7,663
7. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 7,697
8. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 11,203
9. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Andalucia JHK Laglisse, FTR Honda + 11,242
10. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 13,163
11. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo , KTM + 23,362
12. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 24,364
13. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda +25,001
14. Isaac Vinales Spain, Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 31,211
15. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda +34,179
World Championship Standing:
1. Cortese 184
2. Maverick Vinales Spain, FTR Honda 155
3. Salom 129
4. Fenati 96
5. Masbou 81
6. Khairuddin 76
7. Rins 72
8. Rossi 59
9. Kent 57
10. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, FTR Honda 55
11. Oliveira 52
12. Efren Vazquez Spain, FTR Honda 50
13. Hector Faubel Spain, Kalex KTM 44
14. Moncayo 43
15. Sissis 43
19. Niklas Ajo Finland, KTM 21
Next GP: 26th of August. Brno, Czech.