Khairuddin´s strong effort ended up in crash26/08/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo-team´s Zulfahmi Khairuddin had a great start at season´s 11th Moto3 GP held on partly damp Brno circuit and managed to make his way up to fight for the first podium position of his world championship career.
However, case the well-started journey of the Malaysian rider came to an end before the finish line. Khairuddin, nurse who had slick tyres on, crashed out of the race from sixth place with five laps left.
“I needed to improve my pace and I took a bit too wide line and obviously hit a wet spot and that´s when the front part of the bike slid out from under me”, Khairuddin describes.
Khairuddin hold his hand on the sand but luckily it wasn´t anything serious.
“Of course I am annoyed but the most important thing is that I am ok and I once again managed to show that I have enough pace to compete in the front group. All in all, this gave me again good experience.”
German rider Jonas Folger was unbeatable at Brno. He bet Luis Salom by 5,918 seconds.
German Sandro Cortese crossed the finish line third and extended his championship lead to 32 points. Khairuddin is seventh with 76 points.
There are still six GPs left of the season. The next one will be in the middle of September at Misano circuit in San Marino.
bwin GRAND PRIX CESKE REPUBLIKY
Moto3 Race Classification:
1. Jonas Folger Germany, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM 43.03,089
2. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 5,918
3. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 5,963
4. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda + 6,091
5. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 6,490
6. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 6,572
7. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 8,421
8. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 13,382
9. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 13,909
10. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 22,466
11. Hector Faubel Spain, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 25,974
12. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Andalucia JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 26,013
13. Adrian Martin Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda +26,549
14. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 26,708
15. John McPhee Great Britain, Racing Steps Foundation KRP, KRP Honda +29,753
18. Joan Olive Spain, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 40,433
Not classified: Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM
World Championship standing:
1. Cortese 200
2. Vinales 168
3. Salom 149
4. Fenati 104
5. Rins 83
6. Alexis Masbou France, Honda 81
7. Khairuddin 76
8. Kent 66
9. Louis Rossi France, FTR Honda 59
10. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Suter Honda 59
11. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, FTR Honda 55
12. Kornfeil 52
13. Efren Vazquez Spain, FTR Honda 50
14. Faubel 49
15. Moncayo 47
16. Folger 46
17. Sissis 45
19. Niklas Ajo Finland, KTM 21
Next GP: 16th of September Misano, San Marino.