Cortese claims his sixth pole position of the season15/09/2012
Moto3 championship leader Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing Team´s Sandro Cortese will start from best possible place for the season´s 12th Moto3 GP held on Sunday in San Marino.
Cortese took already his sixth pole position of the season with a time of 1.44, drug 201 on a dry Misano track.
“The beginning of the qualifying was difficult because that was the first time when we were able to ride on a dry track in here”, online says Cortese, check “However, I improved my pace lap after lap and in the end I found a really good rhythm. I have a good and a strong feeling. I will go to the Sunday´s race with confident mind”, said pleased Cortese.
The pole position is important especially at Misano circuit.
“It´s good to start from the pole because the first corner over here is really bad and crowded”, Cortese reminds.
The team succeeded in qualifying really well since Danny Kent was fourth and Arthur Sissis tenth. Kent, who crashed in the beginning of the session was 0,642 seconds from the pole and Sissis 0,941 seconds.
“Really strong performance from the whole trio especially when we think how difficult the circumstances were in every three practice sessions before the qualifying”, team leader Aki Ajo praised.
GP APEROL DI SAN MARINO E RIVIERA DI RIMINI
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM 1.44,201
2. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 0,370
3. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 0,389
4. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,642
5. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 0,656
6. Jonas Folger Germany, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 0,676
7. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 0,708
8. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 0,877
9. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,915
10. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,941
11. Maverick VinaIes Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda + 1,029
12. Louis Rossi Italy, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 1,058
13. Hector Faubel Spain, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 1,059
14. Brad Binder South Africa, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 1,088
15. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 1,131
24. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 2,477