Khairuddin lead the race a while but ended up crashing from ninth place30/09/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Malaysian rider Zulfahmi Khairuddin led the race after three laps but unfortunately his race came to an end a bit too soon at sunny Aragon circuit at season´s 13th Moto3 GP in Spain.
Khairuddin crashed with his KTM-factory bike and retired from ninth place when only six laps remained.
“I had fairly good feeling for riding but then same thing happened as couple of times before. After a strong beginning I just couldn´t keep up the same pace with leading riders.”
Khairuddin had a strong start from seventh place of the grid. He managed to compete in the tight leading group until the half way of the 20 laps long race but then he faced problems.
“Now I just have to calm down and think again my riding”, ed Khairuddin plans.
Luis Salom won the Spanish GP in front of his home crowd and bet Sandro Cortese in a thrilling last lap´s fight by only 0,155 seconds.
However, Cortese managed to extend his championship already to 51 points when four GPs of the season remain.
Salom is second in championship and his countryman Maverick Vinales is third. Vinales, who is now 66 points from Cortese had to retire already on a warm up lap when his bike suffered technical problems.
Khairuddin is eight in championship standing but only two points from sixth place.
The season continues on 14th of October at Motegi circuit in Japan.
GRAN PREMIO IVECO DE ARAGÓN
Moto3 Race Classification:
1. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM 40.56,391
2. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,155
3. Jonas Folger Germany, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 0,362
4. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,115
5. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 1,160
6. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 1,765
7. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 1,839
8. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 1,972
9. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 2,415
10. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 2,587
11. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 2,845
12. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 3,067
13. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Andalucia JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 3,763
14. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 14,899
15. Alex Marquez Spain, Ambrogio Next Racing, Suter Honda + 15,041
Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM: retired 6 laps before finish line
World Championship Standing:
1. Cortese 245
2. Salom 194
3. Maverick Vinales Spain, FTR Honda 179
4. Romano Fenati Italy, FTR Honda 120
5. Alex Rins Spain, Suter Honda 106
6. Kent 83
7. Alexis Masbou France, Honda 81
8. Khairuddin 81
9. Oliveira 74
10. Folger 72
11. Vazquez 70
12. Antonelli 69
13. Rossi 68
14. Sissis 58
15. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, FTR Honda 58
18. Ajo 23
Next GP: 14th of October Motegi, Japan.