Birthday boy Khairuddin celebrates pole position on his home track20/10/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Zulfahmi Khairuddin became a true hero in front of his home crowd on Sepang circuit in season´s 15th qualifying practice of Moto3 class in Malaysia.
Khairuddin who did once again a Road Racing history in Malaysia took the first pole position of his career on his 21st birthday.
“Incredible! I honestly couldn´t have wished a better birthday present than this!”, salve rejoices Khairuddin, sale who is seventh in championship standing.
“I expect that I will also manage to have a great race”, continued Khairudding aiming to be on the podium for the first time.
After a successful performance Khairuddin´s self-confidence is at high level and the home crowd will improve it even more.
“We will for sure have a tough fight but I am confident that I will get a good start and manage to fight my way to the top three. I will just concentrate 120 percent like I did in the qualifying. The team has done once again a great job as the bike feels really good”, Khairuddin thanked.
Khairuddin who is having his 49th GP-weekend was the only on who´s lap time was under 2.14 seconds. His fastest time was 2.13,885, seconds which meant that he was 0,266 seconds faster than Jonas Folger who dominated the free practice sessions and 0,714 seconds faster than championship leader Sandro Cortese.
MALAYSIAN MOTORCYCLE GRAND PRIX
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM 2.13,885
2. Jonas Folger Germany, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 0,266
3. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,714
4. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 0,796
5. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 0,932
6. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 1,431
7. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 1,481
8. Brad Binder South Africa, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 1,584
9. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 1,929
10. Adrian Martin Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 1,973
11. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 2,012
12. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 2,028
13. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 2,030
14. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 2,202
15. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Andalucia JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 2,223
16. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 2,257
21. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 2,765