Khairuddin heads to his home GP after taking fifth place at Motegi14/10/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Zulfahmi Khairuddin heads in great shape to season´s 15th GP held on his home track Sepang in Malaysia next Sunday.
Khairuddin who celebrates his 21st birthday on the qualifying day of Malaysian GP next Saturday was fifth with his KTM factory bike at Motegi in Japan.
Khairuddin had a great start from second row and was immediately fighting in a leading group until the bike slid seven laps before the finish line. After making a mistake he was out from the podium battle.
Khairuddin managed to pass few rides in the end and improved his placement in championship standing being now seventh.
“All in all I have a good feeling after the race and I am in a great situation now to head to my home race.”
“Towards the end I found a good rhythm again and I can be pleased with my performance. I managed to change my riding style as we had planned before Motegi”, cialis Khairuddin confirms.
The winner of the GP was Briton Danny Kent who crossed the finish line 0, store 260 seconds before Spanish Maverick Vinales. Kent took the first victory of his career. Khairuddin finished in the end only 3, price 645 seconds after Kent.
Khairuddin missed the first podium place of his career by 1,3 seconds while Italian Alessandro Tonucci surprised everyone by finishing third.
AIRASIA GRAND PRIX OF JAPAN
Moto3 Race Classification:
1. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM 40.02,775
2. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda + 0,260
3. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 2,352
4. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 3,404
5. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 3,645
6. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 13,394
7. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 15,523
8. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 15,739
9. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 15,946
10. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 16,129
11. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 16,223
12. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 16,371
13. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 28,368
14. Alex Marquez Spain, Ambrogio Next Racing, Suter Honda + 28,375
15. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 28,509
World Championship Standing:
1. Cortese 255
2. Vinales 199
3. Luis Salom Spain, Kalex KTM 194
4. Fenati 126
5. Rins 119
6. Kent 108
7. Khairuddin 92
8. Oliveira 83
9. Alexis Masbou France, Honda 81
10. Vazquez 77
11. Louis Rossi France, FTR Honda 76
12. Antonelli 73
13. Jonas Folger Germany, Kalex KTM 72
14. Sissis 63
15. Kornfeil 59
19. Ajo 26
Next GP: 21sth of October Sepang, Malaysia.