Khairuddin made his way to second row in Australia27/10/2012
Malaysian Zulfahmi Khairuddinin, healing who finished second from the pole last Sunday in front of his home crowd, viagra continues strong performances.
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team’s KTM rider starts from second row for season’s 16th Moto3 GP tomorrow on chilly and windy Philip Island circuit in Australia.
Rain disturbed the qualifying for a while. It started 16 minutes before the end of the session but most of the riders returned to the track. Khairuddin was one of those cold-headed riders who managed to improve their times and made their ways up during the last minutes.
”I fell in the morning´s practice session but I managed to pull myself together for the qualifying and especially for the end of it. I am really pleased with this result”, Khairuddin highlights.
”My team did once again a great job and I managed to get back to the track on time. But I can´t deny that I took a risk when I made that time”.
The first podium position of Khairduddin has improved his self-confidence even more.
”I want to have more that kind of results and I do all I can so that I will ride in the leading group also in Australia. We will for sure have a tough race.”
The pole position for the season´s penultimate race was taken by Sandro Cortese, who already secured the championship for himself in Malaysia. He was 0,393 seconds faster than his countryman Jonas Folger, who qualified second.
Khairuddin was 0,895 seconds from Cortese and only 50 thousandth of seconds from the front row.
AIRASIA AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM 1.38,334
2. Jonas Folger Germany, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 0,393
3. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 0,845
4. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,888
5. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 0,895
6. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,928
7. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,003
8. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda + 1,053
9. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 1,096
10. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 1,117
11. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Andalucia JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 1,180
12. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 1,202
13. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 1,238
14. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 1,261
15. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 1,297