Khairuddin starts to season finale from sixth row10/11/2012
AirAsia-SIC-Ajo Team´s Zulfahmi Khairuddin starts from sixth row for season finale held on Sunday in Valencia, order Spain. Malaysian, patient who is now eight in championship standing, treatment rode the dry Ricardo Tormo circuit with a time of 1.42,698, which gave him 17th position from the qualifying.
All the three Moto3 free practice sessions were held with wet tyres so therefore the qualifying wasn´t that easy.
“Difficult qualifying and we need to work with dry settings. We have to make changes especially for the front part of the bike. Let´s just hope that the circumstances on the race day will be similar as now in the qualifying and we can test how the new settings work on dry track on Sunday´s warm up session”, Khairuddin says.
Khairuddin has gained during this season his first ever pole position and podium, therefore the starting place is far from his best ones but team leader Aki Ajo trusts in Khairuddin´s possibilities.
“Fahmi has made three times during this season his way from behind to world championship points. I believe that he has all the possibilities for that also here in Valencia.”
German rider Jonas Folger took the second pole of his career with a time of 1.41,263, from which Khairuddin was 1,435 seconds.
On Sunday Folger will be joined to the first row by Portuguese Miguel Oliveira and Spanish Luis Salom. Folger managed to keep Oliveira 53 thousandth of seconds behind him.
World champion and Folger´s countryman Sandro Cortese starts the season finale from fourth place.
GP GENERALI DE LA COMUNITAT VALENCIANA
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Jonas Folger Germany, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM 1.41,263
2. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,053
3. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 0,178
4. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,243
5. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda + 0,511
6. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 0,565
7. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,689
8. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 0,782
9. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 0,815
10. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 0,931
11. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 0,978
12. Alex Marquez Spain, Ambrogio Next Racing, Suter Honda + 1,117
13. Adrian Martin Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 1,198
14. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 1,213
15. Brad Binder South Africa, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 1,234
17. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 1,435
19. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,541
22. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 1,748