Moto2 and Moto3 British GP races cancelled

26/08/2018

Red Bull KTM Ajo riders unable to compete on Sunday at Silverstone, as conditions are deemed unfit for riding.

 

Adverse weather conditions at Silverstone on Sunday led to the cancellation of both the Moto2 and Moto3 British GP, as rain during almost the entirety of the day and large wet areas on the track meant riding would be unsafe. After evaluating several possibilities for a change of start time, the event organisers decided to cancel Round 12 of the season, with no points awarded and the overall standings remaining the same as after the Austrian GP.

In Moto2, Miguel Oliveira is second, only 3 points off the series leader. Brad Binder is fourth, 2 points behind the Top 3, and Red Bull KTM Ajo top the team standings. In Moto3, Darryn Binder is 22nd, with 20 points.

The next World Championship round takes place in a fortnight’s time, on September 9th, at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.

 

Moto2 World Championship Standing 2018 – Riders
1. Francesco Bagnaia (Kalex) 189 points
2. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Ajo) 186 points
3. Alex Marquez (Kalex) 113 points
4. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) 111 points
5. Lorenzo Baldassarri (Kalex) 106 points
 

Moto2 World Championship Standing 2018 – Teams
1. Red Bull KTM Ajo 297 points

2. Sky Racing Team VR46 268 points
3. EG 0,0 MARC VDS 216 points
4. Dynavolt Intact GP 181 points
5. Pons HP40 127 points
 

Moto3 World Championship Standing 2018
1. Marco Bezzechi (KTM) 158 points
2. Jorge Martin (Honda) 146 points
3. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Honda) 121 points
4. Aron Canet (Honda) 118 points   
5. Enea Bastianini (Honda) 117 points
22. Darryn Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) 20 points

 

Aki Ajo – Team Manager
“It’s obviously a big disappointment that the races have had to be cancelled. Fortunately, this doesn’t happen too often, and I think that the last time was Indianapolis 2008. Of course, we all understand that safety comes first, and if the track conditions are dangerous then none of us should put ourselves at risk. It hasn’t been an easy weekend because of the weather, although we have all been working very hard for each of the races. However, it is the right decision and now we just have to look ahead. The next race is coming up shortly and we also have a very interesting testing schedule in the month before the flyaway rounds; this week we will be two days in MotorLand Aragon. We are keen to keep working just as well and are focusing on Misano now.”

Partners



Visit our MotoE project at

MotoE