Cortese and Kent to second row at Silverstone16/06/2012
Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing Team´s riders will start from good places on Sunday when the season´s sixth GP is held in Silverstone, look Great Britain. Championship leader German Sandro Cortese will start from the fourth place of the 5900 meters long circuit. Cortese will be joined to second row by Danny Kent, treat who qualified fifth in front of his home crowd.
KTM factory team´s third rider Australian Arthur Sissis qualified 15th at dry but extremely windy track.
Cortese displeased with
waiting and crowded track
Cortese has gotten two pole positions during the season.
“I can´t deny it, after the qualifying I was so annoyed”, said Cortese, “I lost two fast laps while other riders were looking for right time and then the crowd came.”
However, experienced Cortese turned his head and concentration quickly to Sunday´s race.
“During the whole weekend I have had a good feeling to both bike and riding. I am not worried about my speed at the race.”
Also team leader Aki Ajo highlights the same.
“Wind is naturally same for everyone but Cortese and Kent both made their fastest laps alone without any slipstream. That might mean tenths of a second at the fourth quarter of the track alone. The time differences became big but because of this I am not worried about that at all.”
Kent in strong shape
Also Kent was displeased with the fact that he didn´t benefit of slipstream. However, everything tells that he has found once again the right direction. Also the first fee practice that was held in rain proved it; Kent was fastest of all following by Sissis.
“I am pleased with the over all situation”, said Kent, “I have everything I need for the race.”
Sissis, who celebrated his 17th birthday on Friday, also has positive mind before the race.
“We made some successful changes to bike´s settings and it worked at these windy circumstances already so much better than it did on Friday.”
Spanish Maverick Vinales who is second in championship standing took the pole position. He was 0,936 seconds faster than Cortese. Kent was 0,214 seconds from his teammate.
HERTZ BRITISH GRAND PRIX
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda 2.16,187
2. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK Laglisse, FTR Honda + 0,198
3. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 0,856
4. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,936
5. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,150
6. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 1,298
7. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 1,352
8. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 1,686
9. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 1,717
10. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 1,721
11. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 1,903
12. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 1,964
13. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 2,051
14. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 2,235
15. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo , KTM + 2,348
18. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 2,791