Sandro Cortese crowned the first Moto3 world champion21/10/2012
Red Bull KTM Ajo factory team´s Sandro Cortese made Road Racing history on Sunday when he took the historical Moto3 world championship to himself.
22-year old German, nurse who has done a really great job during the whole season, buy cialis secured the championship by the best possible way as he won the season´s third last GP in Malaysia on Sepang circuit. The victory was Cortese´s fourth of the season and he now leads the championship by 73 points.
“This is like a dream. I still can´t believe this is true”, salve Cortese rejoiced after the championship battle was over.
At the 5,5 kilometres long Sepang circuit Cortese rode in a leading trio making a pure and cool-headed performance as usual. He watched the situation carefully making sure that his biggest rival, Spanish Luis Salom won´t destroy his championship celebration. In the end Salom finished fourth.
“I didn´t take any risks but just watched that I finished before Salom”, Cortese says, “Just in the end I realized that I have a chance to complement the world championship with a victory. I decided to show everyone that I can win also this kind of race.”
Team leader Aki Ajo describes Cortese´s performance a fantastic one.
“Sandro proved again that the experience has made him a true professional racer”, Ajo says, “A perfect performance and all in all a great season from him.”
Ajo got a chance to celebrate already his third world championship as a team leader. Two previous ones are from 125 cc class from 2008 and 2010 with French Mike Di Meglio and Spanish Marc Marquez who has become one of the star riders of the MotoGP series.
“This is a third season that we work together with Red Bull and this was already second world championship during that period”, Ajo says, “I believe that we will continue the same way also in the future. This is the first year that KTM is working together with Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport. It really is a quite big thing that we won the championship straight away and especially in a new class. I have to thank all our partners. We did this together”, Ajo highlights.
The day was almost perfect for Red Bull KTM Ajo Team.
“This Sunday couldn´t have been any better”, Ajo says, “The championship and the victory was quite a great result”, Ajo says without forgetting his other two riders.
Briton Danny Kent who took his first victory a week ago in Japan finished sixth at Sepang and his Australian teammate Arthur Sissis was 11th.
Sissis has a chance to compete in front of his home crowd next weekend when the hectic period of three consecutive GPs ends at the Phillip Island circuit.
* Sandro Cortese
Team: Red Bull KTM Ajo
Place of birth: 6.1.1990 Ochsenhausen, Germany
Height: 169 cm
Weight: 63 kg
First GP: 2005 Spain, 125 cc
First pole position: 2009 Netherlands, 125 cc
First podium: 2009 Qatar, 125 cc
First GP-victory: 2011 Czech, 125 cc
GP-victories: 6 (2/125 cc, 4/Moto3)
2nd positions: 9 (5/125 cc, 4/Moto3)
3rd positions: 9 (4/125 cc, 5/Moto3)
Podium positions: 24 (11/125 cc, 13/Moto3)
Pole positions: 9 (3/125 cc, 6/Moto3)
World Championships: 1 (2012/Moto3)
MALAYSIAN MOTORCYCLE GRAND PRIX
Moto3 Race Classification:
1. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM 40.54,123
2. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 0,028
3. Jonas Folger Germany, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 0,247
4. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 8,503
5. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 8,674
6. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 9,335
7. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 18,973
8. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 25,419
9. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 30,714
10. Adrian Martin Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 30,763
11. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 30,886
12. Brad Binder South Africa, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 31,019
13. Jack Miller Australia, Caretta Technology, Honda + 31,225
14. Alex Marquez Spain, Ambrogio Next Racing, Suter Honda + 31,313
15. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 31,649
World Championship Standing:
1. Cortese 280
2. Salom 207
3. Maverick Vinales Spain, FTR Honda 199
4. Rins 128
5. Romano Fenati, Italy, FTR Honda 126
6. Kent 118
7. Khairuddin 112
8. Oliveira 94
9. Folger 88
10. Vazquez 85
11. Alexis Masbou France, Honda 81
12. Louis Rossi France, FTR Honda 76
13. Antonelli 74
14. Sissis 68
15. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, FTR Honda 59
19. Ajo 33
Next GP: 28th of October Phillip Island, Australia.