Fourth for Okubo in Race 1 in Austria20/08/2022
The Avant Ajo MotoE rider finishes fourth after starting from twelfth place
Hikari Okubo moved his way up the order in the first race of the fifth round of the season. After starting from the fourth row of the grid, the Japanese rider crossed the finish line in fourth place.
He took off from twelfth after failing to get past Q1 on Friday. Okubo faced the race with the maximum motivation and climbed positions lap after lap. He improved his pace and he tried to reach the front group, reaching fourth in the last laps. He is now sixth in the overall standings with 70.5 points.
The second MotoE race at the Round 5 will be held over 7 laps on Sunday at 3:30pm.
Results (Race 1)
1. Eric Granado 11:55.313
2. Dominique Aegerter 1:41.480 +1.271
3. Miquel Pons 1:41.480 +1.797
4. Hikari Okubo (Avant Ajo MotoE) 1:41:471 +3.369
5. Hector Garzo 1:41.334 +3.589
FIM MotoE World Cup Standing 2022
1. Dominique Aegerter 178 points
2. Eric Granado 151.5 points
3. Matteo Ferrari 114.5 points
4. Mattia Casadei 98 points
5. Miquel Pons 95 points
6. Hikari Okubo (Avant Ajo MotoE) 70.5 points
#78 HIKARI OKUBO
“It wasn’t a bad race. I tried to catch up with the front group to fight for the podium, but I was taking too many risks. I’m happy with the result and we earned some good points. Tomorrow we’ll try to do even better to get another good result.”