2nd position at Catalunya like a victory for championship leader Cortese03/06/2012
Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing Team´s German rider Sandro Cortese made almost impossible to possible at the season´s fifth GP held at Catalunya.
Cortese crashed badly at the Saturday´s practice but despite the pain he fought himself second at the dry track of Montmelo. Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing Team´s ace continues to lead the championship by 7 points.
– 2nd position today was really like a victory for me, viagra order pills rejoiced Cortese who had a great start from fourth place.
the starting grid
Cortese, sales who had bruises basically all over his body, hurt his right wrist and chest at the hard crash. He lost his consciousness for a while and felt that it was difficult to breath occasionally during the qualifying.
– To be honest it was difficult for me to believe on Saturday that I could even attend this race. I felt so bad still a night before the race, admitted Cortese.
But the fighter, who has reached podium four times this season, made a come back to the track.
– It hurt badly and still at the starting grid I got some pain killers. Besides the team and KTM a big thanks for this position goes also to doctor Claudio Costa´s Clinica Mobile, said Cortese thanking the paddock hospital.
– Actually all in all they injected pain killers three times to Sandro´s arm. I personally went to ask doctor Costa to the grid, confirmed team leader Aki Ajo.
Cortese crossed the finish line 7,752 seconds after Maverick Viñales who dominated the race and took the victory in front of his home crowd. In the middle way of the 22 laps race Viñales started to pull away slightly and left the group of nine riders behind him to fight for the positions until the end of the race.
Experienced Cortese kept his head cool and solved the game for him when the last lap started.
– My bike was really fast and I managed to keep my mind calm all the time, Cortese described the tight battle.
Ajo had every reason to be happy.
– Just unbelievably great performance from Cortese. His experience paid off once again. Sandro sees the over all picture and in every situation does what is possible to do.
Cortese´s teammates Danny Kent and Arthur Sissis didn´t reach their full potentials at Catalunya.
Briton Kent was 20th and Australian Sissis finished 22nd over 40 seconds after the winner.
After five GPs Sissis is 13th and Kent 15th in championship standing.
The next GP is held in Great Britain 17th of June at the Silverstone circuit.
GRAN PREMI APEROL DE CATALUNYA
Moto3 Race Classification:
1. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda 41.50,965
2. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 7,752
3. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 7,853
4. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 8,007
5. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 8,075
6. Alex Marquez Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 8,267
7. Hector Faubel Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 8,355
8. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 8,480
9. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 8,600
10. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 16,023
11. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 16,127
12. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 16,222
13. Alan Techer France, Technomag-CIP-TSR, TSR Honda + 16,792
14. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 30,132
15. Jack Miller Australia, Caretta Technology, Honda + 30,132
20. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 43,738
21. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 43,765
22. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 44,119
World Championship standing:
1. Cortese 87
2. Vinales 80
3. Salom 55
4. Fenati 52
5. Rossi 45
6. Alex Rins Espanja, Suter Honda 44
7. Khairuddin 37
8. Moncayo 35
9. Antonelli 35
10. Masbou 29
11. Oliveira 27
12. Faubel 24
13. Sissis 23
14. Techer 18
15. Kent 16
26. Ajo 4
Next GP: 17th of June Silverstone, Great Britain.