Cortese extends his championship lead to 32 points with third place26/08/2012
Red Bull KTM Ajo Factory Racing Team´s Sandro Cortese finished third on a partly damp circuit of Brno when season´s 11th Moto3 GP was held in Czech Republic. Cortese also extended his championship lead to 32 points when six GPs remain.
“Good result in demanding circumstances”, see Cortese says, viagra 40mg “My team did once again a great job during the whole weekend. I managed to extend my lead by three points and now I can relax for the few days.”
The German rider, buy cialis who had slick tyres on his KTM, made a strong effort to reach the front group taking already his tenth podium place of the season. That, if something, tells a lot about his strong reliability.
Cortese´s countryman Jonas Folger was unbeatable today. He went to the lead in the beginning of the race and took the second victory of his career. Spanish Luis Salom, who passed Cortese in the end of the final lap, was second 5,918 seconds from Folger. Cortese was only 45 thousandth of seconds apart from Salom.
Spanish Maverick Vinales, who is second in championship, was fourth 0,128 seconds from Cortese.
“It bugs me that Salom managed to pass me but this is good result as well”, Cortese says, “The most important thing was to keep Vinales behind me and I managed to do that.”
Cortese highlights that he concentrated 100 % to the race.
“My aim was to compete without thinking too much about the championship standing.”
Cortese´s teammates Briton Danny Kent made his way up to seventh place and Australian Arthur Sissis was 14th.
“Still in the practices I had troubles finding a good feeling to ride but I found that in the race”, says Kent, “The circumstances were difficult and in the beginning I was perhaps a bit too careful. But when I made my way up it boosted my self-confidence and the bike seemed really good.”
Sissis had same aims for the race as Kent.
“I was even extra careful”, Sissis admits, “This was a first race for me in these kinds of circumstances. Next time when the circumstances are like this I am for sure more ready.”
The next GP is held after two weeks at Misano circuit in San Marino.
bwin GRAND PRIX CESKE REPUBLIKY
Moto3 Race Classification:
1. Jonas Folger Germany, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM 43.03,089
2. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 5,918
3. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 5,963
4. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda + 6,091
5. Alex Rins Spain, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 6,490
6. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 6,572
7. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 8,421
8. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 13,382
9. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 13,909
10. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 22,466
11. Hector Faubel Spain, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM + 25,974
12. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Andalucia JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 26,013
13. Adrian Martin Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda +26,549
14. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 26,708
15. John McPhee Great Britain, Racing Steps Foundation KRP, KRP Honda +29,753
18. Joan Olive Spain, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 40,433
Not classified: Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM
World Championship standing:
1. Cortese 200
2. Vinales 168
3. Salom 149
4. Fenati 104
5. Rins 83
6. Alexis Masbou France, Honda 81
7. Khairuddin 76
8. Kent 66
9. Louis Rossi France, FTR Honda 59
10. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Suter Honda 59
11. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, FTR Honda 55
12. Kornfeil 52
13. Efren Vazquez Spain, FTR Honda 50
14. Faubel 49
15. Moncayo 47
16. Folger 46
17. Sissis 45
19. Niklas Ajo Finland, KTM 21
Next GP: 16th of September Misano, San Marino.