World Champion Cortese from second row to season finale10/11/2012
Sandro Cortese, capsule who already secured the Moto3 world championship in Malaysia will start from second row for season finale held in Valencia.
Red Bull KTM Ajo Team´s German rider, drug who has taken seven poles from the season, illness made his fastest time on Ricardo Tormo circuit with a time of 1.41,506 which allowed him to fourth place. He was 0,243 seconds from his countryman Jonas Folger.
The qualifying session was held on dry conditions but all the three Moto3 free practice sessions were ridden still with wet tyres.
“Pretty good starting place and in the end the difference to Folger was only two tenths of a second”, Cortese says, “I start with positive mind for the race on Sunday. This is a short track and I am sure there will be a big group in the front. Third consecutive victory would mean of course one more dream come true”, says Cortese referring to his victories in Malaysia and in Australia.
Cortese aims for his sixth victory of the season in Valencia with next year´s model.
“The bike is new and we still of course have to work with that but I am confident with my bike as well. KTM has done once again a great job”, Cortese highlights.
Cortese´s teammates Briton Danny Kent qualified seventh and Australian Arthur Sissis was 19th. Kent was 0,689 seconds from Folger and Sissis 1,541 seconds.
GP GENERALI DE LA COMUNITAT VALENCIANA
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Jonas Folger Germany, Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3, Kalex KTM 1.41,263
2. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 0,053
3. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 0,178
4. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,243
5. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda + 0,511
6. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 0,565
7. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 0,689
8. Niccolo Antonelli Italy, San Carlo Gresini Moto3, FTR Honda + 0,782
9. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 0,815
10. Alessandro Tonucci Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 0,931
11. Romano Fenati Italy, Team Italia FMI, FTR Honda + 0,978
12. Alex Marquez Spain, Ambrogio Next Racing, Suter Honda + 1,117
13. Adrian Martin Spain, JHK t-shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 1,198
14. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 1,213
15. Brad Binder South Africa, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 1,234
17. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 1,435
19. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,541
22. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 1,748